The following are ophthalmology books recommended for each sub-specialty in ophthalmology.
Note: Mr Ch’ng has no financial affiliations with these products.
- Oxford Handbook of Ophthalmology
- Kanski Clinical Ophthalmology
- Wills Eye Manual
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Basic and Clinical Science Course
- Basic Sciences for Ophthalmology by Louise Bye / Neil Modi / Miles Stanford
- Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology by David Spalton
- Ophthalmology Secrets in Color
- The Ophthalmology Examinations Review by Tien Wong
CORNEA AND ANTERIOR SEGMENT
- Cornea – Fundamentals, Diagnosis and Management by Jay Krachmer et al.
- Glaucoma by Tarek Shaarawy et al.
- Neuro-ophthalmology Survival Guide by Antony Pane / Neil Miller / Michael Burdon
PAEDIATRICS and STRABISMUS
- Clinical Orthoptics by Fiona Rowe
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus by David Taylor and Creig Hoyt
- Management of Open Globe Injuries by Seanna Grob / Carolyn Kloek
ORBIT AND OCULOPLASTICS
- Oculoplastic Surgery by Brian Leatherbarrow
REFRACTIVE SURGERY and CATARACT
- Cataract Surgery from Routine to Complex: A Practical Guide by Randall Olson et al.
RETINA (MEDICAL AND SURGICAL)
- Retina by Stephen J.Ryan
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Strategies and Tactics by Ferenc Kuhn
- Vitreoretinal Surgery by Thomas H. Williamson
- Complications of Vitreoretinal Surgery by Noemi Lois and David Wong
- A Practical Guide to Minimal Surgery for Retinal Detachment by Ingrid Kreissig
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound – a diagnostic Atlas by Cathy DiBernardo and Ellen Greenberg
OTHER NON-MEDICAL BOOKS
These books are recommended reading to relax, reflect, look at life beyond the medical field, improve our quality of life and mindset to overcome obstacles as well as be grateful for things in life.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Chimp Paradox by Prof Steve Peters
- The 5 second Rule by Mel Robbins
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger