The following are ophthalmology books that have been reviewed by Dr Ch’ng and is solely his own personal views on them. There is a rating score for each book as described below.
- Not essential – for reference only
- Useful if you’re sub-specializing into it
- Must have for all ophthalmologists.
- Oxford Handbook of Ophthalmology 3rd Edition (3)
CORNEA AND ANTERIOR SEGMENT
PAEDIATRICS and STRABISMUS
ORBIT AND OCULOPLASTICS
REFRACTIVE SURGERY and CATARACT
RETINA (MEDICAL AND SURGICAL)
- Retina 5th Edition by Stephen J.Ryan (1)
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Strategies and Tactics by Ferenc Kuhn (2)
- Vitreoretinal Surgery 2nd Edition by Thomas H. Williamson (2)
OTHER NON-MEDICAL BOOKS
These books are recommended reading to relax, reflect, look at life beyond the medical field, improve our quality of life and mindset to overcome obstacles as well as be grateful for things in life.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Chimp Paradox by Prof Steve Peters
- The 5 second Rule by Mel Robbins
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger